One of the things I love most about the festive season is the rituals which come with it. Unique to every family, there’s a something comforting about these traditions; from the gathering, to the food, to the ceremonies and even the ambience that fairy lights and Christmas trees evoke. Gifting is another such tradition and one which can give both the giver and receiver much joy.
I spoke about how to practice of mindful gifting in the crazy lead up to festive season, here. In that blog post, I also added some ideas for some mindful gifts from experiences, to plants, to DIY presents. I still believe that experiences and books are some of my favourite gifts to give to people.
However, I also know that decision fatigue can set in around this time of year and so I’ve put together a few Christmas gift guides in case you’re looking for specific ideas; this blog post features gift ideas for the minimalist. I’ll also put together a conscious and sustainable gift guide for next week’s post. I hope they provide you with some inspiration so that you can spend less time battling the shopping crowds and more time with family and friends. If gift guides aren’t for you, I quite understand, so feel free to sit these next two blog posts out and I’ll be back with regular content in two weeks time. (a little note that many, though not all, of the links below are affiliate links. You can find out more about what this means here).
A Minimalist Gift Guide For Her (pictured above)
- Byredo Burning Rose Candle
- Ferm Living Ripple Champagne Saucers
- Country Road Australian Cotton Heritage tea towels
- Nisolo Isla woven flats
- Shona Joy Aries Open Back Tiered midi dress
- ABLE Chunky Column Hoops
- Anthropologie Cursive Candle Stick
- Country Road Organically Grown Linen Shorts in stone
- Katie Leamon Luxury Pencil Set
- An Organised Life 2022 A4 Weekly Diary with Gold Foil
- Shona Joy, Lola High Neck Balloon Sleeve Mini Dress
- Le Labo Santal 33 Perfume
- Country Road Verified Australian Cotton Casual Logo Sweat
- Nars Tinted Lip Balm in colour Whip Lash
A Minimalist Gift Guide for Him
- Adicolour Essentials Trefoil Crewneck Sweatshirt
- Steller Factory Werewolf Card Game
- Sheridan Tropicolo Beach Towel
- Waterproof playing cards
- NBA Forge Plus Basket Ball Size 7 (Green)
- Country Road Organically Grown Linen Shirt in Navy
- RM Williams Comfort Craftsman Boots in Chestnut
- Flynn Nubuck Boat Shoe in Stone
- Country Road Organically Grown Cotton Modern Logo Duffle
- Salt Fat Acid Heat
- Cluse Watch, Aravis Leather
I’d love to know what your favourite part about Christmas is?